Subject:   Analyzing how Tools are used: Stories and Reviews from the Field
Author: gene
Date: Aug 13 2005
Dear ToolFolks,

For this coming week on Tuesday at 1-2 pm EST as many of us as can make it
will gather round the campfire and have a discussion of
      "Analyzing how Tools are used: Stories and Reviews from the Field"
Craig Russell presiding. Afterward we will go our asynchronous ways and continue
the discussion during the week.

We have several questions we haven't resolved yet--please help by letting us
know your wishes. For Tuesday shall we just use this discussion list on Math
Tools, or shall we have a ConcertChat session? The latter is nice if you have
something to show or point to. We could use "TappedIn," or a wiki ... Tell us
your technology favorite for this!

Also, we're not at all sure whether you'd like to discuss working with reviews
or with stories. Some of us think of a tool review as a de-brief/reflection on
using the tool in class, and what I want to remind myself the next time I use it
(next year?). From this point of view reviews could be whipped out in a
minute--a note on how things went, what you might change, what kind of lab
sheet you might want, etc. Bet you remember enough to pop off a couple reviews
right now!

Some folks think that writing stories is really a bit daunting and it's harder
to see how it directly relates to your teaching.  Well, I think that if you just
write down a rough account of what happened when you used a tool with a class
and how you used it, this would be easy to do and valuable for teachers to look
over (maybe you, next year!)

So on what should we concentrate on Tuesday? Please post your thoughts!

yes  no

Discussion Help