Subject:   RE: TI83 Graphing Calculator Online
Author: Mathman
Date: Aug 18 2005
On Aug 18 2005, Mary Henderson wrote:
> I would like my students to access through the internet or as a
> software package that can be installed on a computer a program that
> acts like a TI83 or TI84 graphing calculator.

I don't know what you might mean by "acts like", since thre might be some sort
of copyright issue if one was available that emulated exactly.  However, there
are lots of calculator programs available that will perform likely all of the
functions you would need, such as the following:

http://www.graphcalc.com/

I'm curious to know the advantage of doing this.  If this is an experimental
class, will not the students, and you, be provided with the tools they need,
namely TI claculators?  What is the advantage of now looking for something else?
You'll have to forgive my curiosity please.  Although well aware of the power of
the calculator and computer, I'm old-school, and have always claimed that I
can teach all of high school mathematics without either.  They do have their
advantages though.  Still, why this particular search?

David.

yes  no

Discussion Help