Subject:   RE: TI83 Graphing Calculator Online
Author: ihor
Date: Aug 19 2005
On Aug 19 2005, Jimbo wrote:
> Our students use TI 83's and 84's and we find using TI Interactive
> software most beneficial.

Yes, I have found out that teachers that I have worked with who have access to
TI interactive find it easier to use (and learn) than graphing calculators. My
own personal experience with the software is limited, but I discovered that when
I was first learning to use a TI-83 and came across the TI Interactive
software all of sudden I was able to do the math more easily. The main problem
with graphing calculators is the degree of difficulty in learning to use it both
for students and teachers. However, the teachers and students who do manage to
be fluent on the calculators swear by them and prefer them to using computers.
And more power to them. But I find that most students particularly students who
are not particularly good at math find the calculators as major obstacles not
because of what they can potentially do with them, but just learning how to use
them.

-Ihor

yes  no

Discussion Help