Subject:   RE: TI83 Graphing Calculator Online
Author: Mathman
Date: Aug 19 2005
On Aug 19 2005, ihor wrote:
> However, the teachers and students who do
> manage to be fluent on the calculators swear by them and prefer them
> to using computers. And more power to them. But I find that most
> students particularly students who are not particularly good at math
> find the calculators as major obstacles not because of what they can
> potentially do with them, but just learning how to use them.

The boy finally caught on, after a long personal session while others were
working ahead, that to change from mm to cm you had to divide by 10.  So ...he
picked up his calculator... .

Many more such stories at all levels would make this entirely boring, but I am
in agreement with you here.

David.

yes  no

Discussion Help