Subject:   RE: TI83 Graphing Calculator Online
Author: gerirose
Date: Aug 20 2005
Marc,
     It's quite possible for the kids to learn geometry as they learn Sketchpad
tools. In fact that is the way it should happen.   And Sketchpad is so much more
powerful than just using applets.  Besides all the wonderful suggestions on Math
Tools, check out "Exploring Geometry with The Geometer's Sketchpad".
gerirose

*********
On Aug 20 2005, MarcJL wrote:
> I am a second year teacher about to teach geometry for the first
> time.  Geometer's Sketch Pad seems to offer an excellent environment
> for developing a geometry intuition.

Problem: does this justify
> the investment in having kids learn GSP?
Should I just use java
> applets instead?
Is there some independent benefit for the kids in
> mastering GSP?
Is there a big risk of frustration if kids get
> bogged down in GSP?

yes  no

Discussion Help