Subject:   RE: TI83 Graphing Calculator Online
Author: BruceTchr
Date: Aug 20 2005
On Aug 20 2005, MarcJL wrote:
> I am a second year teacher about to teach geometry for the first
> time.  Geometer's Sketch Pad seems to offer an excellent environment
> for developing a geometry intuition.

Problem: does this justify
> the investment in having kids learn GSP?
Should I just use java
> applets instead?
Is there some independent benefit for the kids in
> mastering GSP?
Is there a big risk of frustration if kids get
> bogged down in GSP?

Do you have a computer lab, or do the students have laptops with them? Without
such access, GSP makes littles sense. I have used GSP with my students, and
found it useful, but had to prepare about 10 days of lessons (self guided
instruction) before students could use it well.

yes  no

Discussion Help