Subject:   RE: Intigration
Author: Mathman
Date: May 4 2006
On May  4 2006, ihor wrote:
>Since
> this is a mathtools discussion forum and there other forums
> currently available that continue to debate this issue, I would
> prefer to discuss here software tools that teachers find useful at
> any grade level.

My apologies if you find an alternate point of view disturbing.  My point has
been, and is that tools are wonderful.  A bagful of tools does not make it more
wonderful.  Tools are wonderful only if they present not just an alternative,
but a better alternative.  In order to perceive whether or not a choice is a
better choice, there should be a choice.

That said, I respect your opinion, and will point out only the advantages,
ignoring any disadvantages.  I am not here to annoy, but to pass on what I think
is truly useful advice.  People talk of a pendulum swinging at times.  I believe
it does not swing by itself, and one should not burn bridges.

I'm done here.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Calculus on Computer Algebra System discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculus
Computer Algebra System
Activities