Subject:   RE: Use of Video
Author: Calvin
Date: Jun 5 2006
I wasn't quite sure what you meant by "use of video" so I took the question more
generously than "what can I get at Blockbuster"?
We use videos posted online in a few ways:
1) Whiteboard videos: us (or the kids) record how to solve problems on a
whiteboard and then post it as a video.  Easy link for what I mean:
http://www.coolschooltools.com/whiteboardmovies.html
2) When collecting data, say a bouncing spring or tossing a ball, we somtimes
don't have the time for the students to collect the data with the equipment so
we use a digital videocam, take the video of ourselves collecting the data, drop
it into MovieMaker, add comments, voice-overs, etc and the kids watch it and
then work with the data.
3)The students can also toss a ball, videotape them doing so and then import the
video into LoggerPro ( http://www.vernier.com/soft/lp.html ) to click on the
path of the ball and collect its height from the video.
So, our use of video is a little more interactive than the English "let's watch
King Lear" approach.
Thanks,
C.

yes  no