Subject:   RE: Runners Activity: Some Observations
Author: Chris T.
Date: Jun 27 2006
On Jun 26 2006, ihor wrote:
> Especially since you are trying to do it in an arena where the x and
> y units are not the same. The usual way to get linear equations to
> be perpendicular is to have one slope be the negative reciprocal of
> other. With the limitation of the stepping that only works when the
> step size is 1, but only if the X and Y unit intervals are the same.
> Interesting!

Thanks for the feedback, ihor.  Problems like this inspire me to put on my
technology design hat and wonder why they used rectangles instead of squares for
the grid.  I think they did it because the rectangles match the dimensions of
the computer screen, giving more space on the x-axis than they would have
otherwise.  Both the squares and rectangles methods have their advantages and
disadvantages.

Best,

Chris

yes  no