Subject:   RE: Using the Math Tool for various ability levels within one class
Author: Mathman
Date: Aug 11 2006
On Aug 11 2006, QB wrote:
> I wonder it would be better to design a tool that allows the
> students to perform tasks required to solve a problem their teacher
> assigns rather than to design an application with an problem built
> in.

Absolutely, in my opinion at least.  I've been known to trash almost an entire
text of supplied problems.  You'd have no idea whtehr or not a certain
type/level of problem was suitable to a given class or course of study.
Although it is more work, it should not be onerous work for a teacher to design
his/her own problem set and exam.  What is needed are tools to supplement what
is being taught, not replace it, or have teachers bound by it ....but I'm a bit
of an idealist.

David.

yes  no
Visit related discussions: