Subject:   RE: Smartboard and Geometric Constructions
Author: ihor
Date: Aug 30 2006
Alan wrote:

why do you frown?
(I can't see anything wrong with
> such activities myself)

There is nothing wrong as long as it doesnt lead to the kinds of misconceptions
that I observed in my years of teaching middle school math, namely, the habit of
connecting points with lines on coordinate grid without thinking about whether
the points in between should be included in the graph. A common example I
remember was connecting the endpoints of a step graph. Graphing postage rates
for a given weight comes to mind.

-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Geometry discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry

Discussion Help