Subject:   RE: Smartboard and Geometric Constructions
Author: ihor
Date: Sep 1 2006
Hi Michael,

> But if you don't connect the "steps," someone could hurt themselves
> climbing the staircase. You should know that, Ihor. :^)

That sounds like something one of my former middle school students said after I
red-marked his graph. Could it have been you? No, not possible... I've seen
your picture. You are much older than I am. :-)

-Ihor

On Aug 30
> 2006, ihor wrote:
There is nothing wrong as long as it

> doesnt lead to the kinds of misconceptions that I observed in my
>
> years of teaching middle school math, namely, the habit of
>
> connecting points with lines on coordinate grid without thinking
>
> about whether the points in between should be included in the graph.
> > A common example I remember was connecting the endpoints of a step
> > graph. Graphing postage rates for a given weight comes to mind.
>
> -Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Geometry discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry

Discussion Help