Subject:   RE: Using the Math Tool for various ability levels within one class
Author: jdf35
Date: Oct 2 2006
On Aug 11 2006, QB wrote:
> I'm an idealist too but my current research involves how to best
> design for a less than ideal classroom setting.  I love the whiz-
> bang applications but I worry about the students who don't have the
> technology, older computers, no internet access, etc. to use them.
> I agree that they should supplement and not be the focus of the
> lessons but wonder about how to ensure they are used for
> instructional purposes and not as baby-sitters in the classroom.
> Quincy

I agree with Quincy in that applications should be used to actually supplement a
student's education and not to just "baby-sit" the students.  I have noticed
(in my own past and my brothers' as well) that sometime teachers will use a
computer application in order to keep some students busy while others partake in
another event which may require more of the teacher's attention.  In doing this,
the teacher gets his/her attention from the students and keeps the other
students occupied.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help