Subject:   RE: Using the Math Tool for various ability levels within one class
Author: Mathman
Date: Oct 2 2006
On Oct  2 2006, Kraz wrote:
>I took AP and
> honors level courses and was still thrown into 25-30 student per
> teacher classrooms. Since I don't believe happenings like this will
> change in the public school environment, we need to find a way to
> utilize technology to help distribute professorial attention in a
> large classroom.

Sorry, and you have my deep respect, but that isn't the problem.  THE best class
I had, ever, in 30 yrs was a grade 10 "general" class with 36 students.  The
year started off with standing room only, and I was waiting for a change until I
realised what I had.  I requested no change, just more seats.  The problem is
not the number of students, but the differing levels, or courses within the same
room, within the same time-slot.  That's what I meant by "You can please some
of the people... ."  There is only so much that can be done.  The computer is a
tool, and a useful one, but is not the answer to all ills.  In a mixed class it
is used too often to simply give busy work, or, unfortunately to play games
while the teacher deals with the other segment of the same class.  And don't
forget the parent who want you to look after his/her child, and never mind the
rest.

I'd go along with suggestions, but would also like to see those suggestions give
good reason that the students will all still get the exact same quality of
education that they could get otherwise, and which they deserve.

David.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help