Subject:   RE: home work
Author: Mathman
Date: Oct 8 2006
On Oct  8 2006, markovchaney wrote:
> On Oct  8 2006, Mathman wrote:

I really suggest you look at Kohn's
> book on the "homework myth."

Far too long a rant to reply to all, so I'll just add to the above, in your own
manner, for none of this will change anyone not present to benefit.  You surmise
far too much without any basis, such as implying that homework is assigned as
some sort of punishment rather than benefit.  You are presuming that teachers
went into the busines in order to be able to punish young people.  I believe
from personal experience that the truth is entirely the opposite to that
teen-sort of presumption.

So, I really suggest that you try to teach high school for a few years,
preferably in a large one in an inner city environment, ...and yes, I have.  You
will find the experience enlightening.  It's much better than reading about how
someone thinks it should be done, and perhaps you could put your wisdom to
practical experience for the benefit of those young people who are now
apparently suffering.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Computer
Tools

Discussion Help