Subject:   RE: Spreading the word
Author: MissMath
Date: Oct 11 2006
Hi, I am an elementary education student at Drexel University in Pennsylvania. I
am currently taking a course called Educational Game Design which allows
education, computer science, and digital media students to come together to
review, improve, and develop games/activities for teaching math in the
classroom.

One of our initial assignments was to post to a discussion on MathTools. I found
this one very interesting because it is both practical and informative without
being overly technical.

Your passion for teaching using a variety of resources comes through in your
discussion. My goal, as an educator, is to express this same passion once I am
in the classroom.

As a student, and future teacher, I am very excited about the trends I see in
Ed. Tech. There is so much I need to learn.

I agree with you all that having tools in a single place seems more efficient
for teachers, students, and parents. There is nothing more frustrating than
having to spend several hours trying to find resources to use with students. I
don't have the time for this as a student; I can only imagine the time limits I
will face once actually in the classroom.

I am enjoying my introduction to MathTools. If you guys have any advice,
feedback, etc. I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

yes  no

Discussion Help