Subject:   RE: Conceptual approach to factoring polynomials
Author: thom96
Date: Dec 7 2006
Yes.
Please forward your downloads and attachments and other examples you can share.
I vaguely remember a process similar to your example when I was teaching algebra
II a few years ago.  It seems it was some type of chart that listed the factors
of the constant term and then the possible sums of the middle x term, and then
somehow by comparing and process of elimination the factors could be determined.
If I can dig this up I will forward it. But I do agree with your statement that
observation, recognition of pattern, and practice and more practice are probably
the best choices. t.burr@sbcglobal.net

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Algebra