Subject:   RE: Demise of Green Globs
Author: ihor
Date: Jan 21 2007
On Jan 20 2007, ihor wrote:
> Hi Ginny,
Thanks for the update on Green Globs. I'm going to follow
> up with David Wolff and see what the current status is.
-Ihor

I heard back from David Wolff. He is no longer with Sunburst and referred me
back to contacting Sunburst. So Ginny's inquiry is our latest information.

-Ihor

> On Jan 18 2007, ginnyaaa wrote:
> Hi,

It is great news that
> Green Globs is being developed as a
> native Mac OSX version, but
> unfortunately it is not yet ready. I
> just called to order it
> having seen the email below and I was told
> by Customer Service to
> check back late Spring, and if not then, to
> check back in Fall
> 2007.

Ginny Blake
Math department coordinator

On Jan 10 2006, david sunburst wrote:
> > HI,

> spotted this thread and thought you would like to know
> that
> we
> and the product's authors have just begun development on
> a Mac
>
> OSX version of Green Globs that we hope can be released
> sometime
> in
> 2006. Please note that this is not a formal
> announcement of
> such a
> release, which will be made when we can
> give details on
> a true
> release date.

Thanks for your ongoing
> interest in
> this product.
> Best,

David Wolff
SVP, Development
> Sunburst
> Technology

On
> Jul 25 2005, ihor wrote:
> I spoke
> with
> the folks at Sunburst at
> the NECC conference about
> future
>
> updates of Green Globs and found
> out that there are no plans
>
> > for it at this time. Apparently one
> of the original co-authors
> > has
> the rights to it and is not
> interested in updating it.
> > Since it
> is one of my favorite
> programs and I do not want to
> > see it fade into
> obsolescence so
> I'm interested in
> alternative
> development strategies
> - possibly
> an "open
> source" version.
> The closest software  that
> I have
> found
> that is similar to
> globs is:

Shooting balls

> ( http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/15083/ )

which was developed

Anyone
> > > have
> thoughts on what could be done? Could a flash version of
> > > Globs be
> developed?

-Ihor

yes  no