Subject:   RE: New Teaching Techniques in Algebra
Author: abriteguy
Date: Apr 7 2007
I am developing a program called Summit.
May wish to check it out.
It lists interactive activities (self makrking) from other sites.
Students work at computers. practice at home.
QCCCDweb.webhop.org

Separately I am using my own system with a remedial college class.
Check our daily assignments, do nows and more.
qccdan.webhop.org

Find out about me at
www. professorstein.com
CIAO

On Mar 29 2007, kristinams wrote:
> I am trying to find new and inovative ways to teach my Algebra
> classes.  My Algebra students seem bored out of their minds because
> the math that we are doing in class isn't necessarily relavent to
> their daily lives.  So, I am trying to find ways to make it relavent
> to them, or at least try to get them a little more interested.  Does
> anyone have ideas?

Has anyone tried any of the following ideas
> and, if so, how has it worked in your classrooms?:
-Blogging
> -Portfolios
-Project-Based Algebra
-Interactive software
-Online
> classroom

I am very interested in your ideas and I am open to
> anything.

Thanks!!

yes  no
Visit related discussions: