Subject:   RE: Does step size really equal speed?
Author: ipina
Date: Apr 22 2007
I love your explanations Jeff, and I wonder whether this doesn't suggest a way
to have a helpful, student-centered, experimental discussion without making
things subtle or confusing.  What would you think an intro to the applet that
includes concern for the designers ... they had to make decisions and they you
are worried about whether it was the right one.  This then leads to a discussion
of how to label.  Ask your students whether they would have used something else
than step size, whether it's okay what was used, etc.

P.S.  I don't like time as the parameter:  it seems so unnatural to change ones
time.  I can change my pace, and that has indirect consequences on time, but
it's my motion I control.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help