Subject:   RE: Algebra Textbook Recommendation
Author: markovchaney
Date: Jun 30 2007
On Jun 29 2007, addisonhitch wrote:

         Saxon works.  What
> else can I say?

Well, my experience suggests that the best thing to say when basing an
evaluation of a textbook or series on limited personal experience, what you can
say is, "I feel (some) of my students benefited a great deal from Saxon." Of
course, if you're really making a blanket statement, e.g., "Saxon math works for
all kids," or ". . . for all the kids I've taught," you should say so. I have
never taught from any book or with any approach for which I could make such a
strong claim, however. I don't believe such a book or approach exists or ever
will. I can't imagine how one could.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Algebra