Subject:   RE: Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool
Author: SueHemphill
Date: Jul 3 2007
Well said.  I was reading some other discussion threads talking about how it
might be nice to have tools for different "levels" of students.  I think these
tools are great and they do allow for students of different abilities explore
mathematics and develop deeper understanding of concepts.  What I see in working
with students and teachers is that students are much more proficient at using
the technology than the teachers.  I think teachers need to be able to let go of
being totally in charge and work on being great facilitators and asking rich
questions of the students as they use these tools.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help