Subject:   RE: Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software
Author: Jeanette1
Date: Jul 17 2007
On Jul  7 2007, sandrat wrote:
> Another limitation is that the runners' speed is constant.  In real
> life there would be variations in speed.

This is the trouble that my students had when we tried a real life simulation.
When they wanted to keep their speed constant or increase or decrease it at a
constant rate it was very difficult for them.  It took lots of practice.  A
discussion with how you can keep your rate constant ensued.  The kids came up
with counting while you walked or ran.  It did not always work but at least they
were problem solving.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help