Subject:   RE: Algebra Textbook Recommendation
Author: JAnneP
Date: Jul 27 2007
On Jul  3 2007, csp wrote:
> Do you have a textbook or course that you recommend for grades 7 and
> 8?  these are kids that to date aren't scoring well on our state
> test --- but we aim to improve that.

thanks,
Cynthia
I am wondering why noone has mentioned the Harold Jacobs text, Elementary
Algebra.  It is a very comprehensive, interesting, and engaging text. Also, have
looked at the Systematic Mathematics program ( www.systemath.com )?  This is a DVD
+ work sheet program that was designed for the home education market, so it is
suitable for independent learning, and focuses on understanding concepts.  It is
not flashy, but very meaty.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Algebra