Subject:   RE: Beautiful Introduction to Distance Speed and Time
Author: rokrobin
Date: Aug 21 2007
On Aug 18 2007, CarolS wrote:
> I can see my fifth graders enjoying this applet.  If we worked
> through an example or two, so that they could see the differences in
> each of the results as we change the parameters, I do belive that
> they could answer their own questions.  It would certainly keep
> their attention!

I can see using this applet with intervention students all the way through to
12th grade.  Intervention students love using computer simulations and this one
is very simple to use although it does have its limitations in steps versus
speed.  At this level though, I don't care about steps versus speed.  I would
also bring this into physical science classes to review graphing and time versus
distance.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help