Subject:   RE: How can you focus students on learning rather than gaming?
Author: gemlim
Date: Jan 23 2008
I have used this tool since last year and my students (after teaching slopes and
intercepts) saw the application to the simulated activity.  Today, I showed this
again to my class, ESL class, and they were so amazed with it.  We have already
discussed the parallel lines, perpendicular lines and intersecting lines.
Likewise, we reveiwed about slopes and y-intercepts.  Before I showed the
simulation, I asked them about the characteristics of parallels and intersecting
lines then I started the simulation of the two runners.  Afterwhich, I asked
questions like: why the lines are parallel or why are they intersecting, or who
get to the tree first and why.  We had a good discussion and my students had
great fun.  They were even trying to compare the boys from the girls.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help