Subject:   RE: Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software
Author: LFS
Date: Mar 16 2008
Actually I thought this too - that fraction steps would be more interesting.
Then one of our cohort suggested the "finish at the same time" game.

For example, Sally starts at 25 feet and Jackson at 0 feet. What do their steps
need to be to finish at the same time? Not allowing fraction steps makes this a
really fun question.

To see a handout of questions that our cohort put together for this activity, go
to: http://www.mathcasts.org/mtwiki/Activity/Runners

(Cohort from the MathForum's Algebraic Reasoning Workshop - a great experience!)

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help