Subject:   RE: Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software
Author: kmth2
Date: Apr 23 2008
Yes, I agree that variations occur in the real world, and I have been thinking
about this all along. Our class might discuss why there would/could be
variations: obstacles on the track, variations in topography, running uphill or
cownhill, loose shoelaces, sprained ankle, lost contact lens, sickness, having a
bad day, discouragement, trying to beat one's own record, a distraction, and so
on. The nice thing about the tool is that, under ideal circumstances, these
variations are kept to the back burner or viewed as nonexistent.

On Jul  7 2007, sandrat wrote:
> Another limitation is that the runners' speed is constant.  In real
> life there would be variations in speed.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help