Subject:   RE: Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software
Author: Ken Jensen
Date: Jun 16 2008
Akiko,
I disagree with your first statement.  Some students may learn something about
this concept through lecture, but if we want students to understand the concept
so they can flexibly use it in various situations, then the student must
experience the concept in a useful context.  People do not learn by being told
how to do something, rather we learn by doing it and seeing how it works.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help