Subject:   special education
Author: JIllD
Date: Sep 19 2008
I am a special education math resource teacher for grades the middle grades.  I
am having difficulty making lessons to meet the needs of all students.  I am
supposed to follow the grade level curriculum, but I have students that cannot
read or count backwards from ten.  I am in a brand new school and most of my
materials have not even come in yet.  Right now I am working on getting the
classroom set up in stations and getting a baseline for each student.  Stations
are difficult because it seems like I am needed everywhere!  How do resource
math teachers teach the grade level standards (students take grade level common
assessments and state tests of course) and IEP goals?
Do you know of any modified texts that meet grade level expectations?  Any
suggestions?

yes  no

Discussion Help