Subject:   RE: A variety of uses
Author: Pelican
Date: Jan 22 2009
In stressing academic language, I can see students talking about the simulation,
both in algebraic and the context of running, making connections between the
real and the abstract world. I also see them writing about what they discussed,
offering a similar problem, or answering to "what if.." insisting in both,
academic language, and language appropriate to the context. I find that bridging
both worlds is a challenge, producing an interpretation appropriate to the
algebraic situation is sometimes forgotten, leaving the student work at the
right/wrong answer in the algebraic world, without taking it further.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help