Subject:   RE: So many graphs, so little time.......
Author: ScoutLeader
Date: Feb 1 2009
On Oct  6 2008, mrsctx wrote:
> I have seen this activity off and on for a few years.  I teach 7th
> grade, and quite honestly would only use this as a teacher led
> activity.  I can see the simulation(s) creating an opportunity for
> lots of discussion about variables and the possibility of having
> more than one variable, but sets of equations, and other suggestions
> on this activity are way beyond my students.  Has anyone else in 7th
> grade used this, and if so, how?
I have not used this in the classroom, but I thought of grouping the students in
groups of 3-4 students and allowing them to manipulate the tool. I think this
would be good for the introduction of slope in this case. When I taught 7th
grade, there was a large differentiation of student levels. When grouped, I
tried to group the students heterogenously to help support the lower level
students.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help