Subject:   RE: Does step size really equal speed?
Author: missk
Date: Apr 30 2009
I guess that I misunderstood the meaning of the "steps" while using the
simulator.  I understood it to mean the number of feet per step, which would
make more sense of the rate concept (feet per second).  Also, on the graph
itself steps are not a label for either axis, therefore irrelevant as far as
rate is concerned since rate (slope) is the change in y compared to the change
in x.  The number of steps only shows the relationship of one's step size to the
other's.  If the girl's step size is 6 and the boy's is 3, then the girl's
stride is twice the boy's in length (and if this size is in feet, then it does
affect the rate).  Does this make sense or is my reasoning a result of the time
of day and lack of sleep?

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help