Subject:   RE: student engaged (URL correction)
Author: MarcJL
Date: Aug 2 2009
Your applet is very clever and has got me thinking. Of course, engaging another
teacher is easier than engaging students.

I opened the applet using GSP 4.06.  I had a little trouble with "reset" but was
able to look at the three stories.  On the fourth sheet it looks like you
present a graph and ask for a story.  Without looking at it very deeply, I
suggest having the kids make a graph from a story you provide, and then
comparing their graphs to make sure they tell the same story.  Another variant
would have each kid make a story and a graph to go with it.  Four kids in a
group could make four stories with four graphs, check them, and then have
students from other groups try to match each of the four stories and graphs.

I will play with your GSP applet some more.  In my class I can use GSP on the
front board, but I do not have computers that the kids can use to play with GSP.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:

Discussion Help