Subject:   RE: Fractions on the number line
Author: DavidR
Date: Jun 3 2010

The website is
To go to this specific tool, choose the Free Tools link on the site and you'll
this number line tool on the upper right of the list of tools.

On Jun  3 2010, Tamona wrote:
> sounds interesting-What's the website??

On Jun  3 2010, Corby
> wrote:
> We used this tool for a 2 week period with fourth graders
> after
> analyzing an assessment task that asked them to put
> fractions on a
> number line.  On that task, we found they could
> make area models of
> the fractions, some could put the fractions
> "in the right order" on
> the number line but didn't pay attention
> to dividing a line into
> fractional parts.  They had a more 'rule-
> based' approach.

We had
> the chance to use this tool AFTER we
> had that assessment
> data....Students and teachers loved it!
> Students actively engaged
> buzzing about where and why fractions
> would go in particular places.
> They had to think about benchmarks
> and the placement of fractions
> using those benchmarks.  Teachers
> (and students) loved the immediate
> feedback and the visual
> representation of seeing the correct answer.
> Teachers  see the
> potential in the web site of supporting students
> where their
> understanding - of personalizing the student
> experiences.

> are planning now how we can use this tool--and
> website--next
> school year.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the tool: Ordering on a Number Line discussion
Visit related discussions:
Ordering on a Number Line tool

Discussion Help