Subject:   Algebra tiles
Author: jon
Date: May 4 2004
I was able to work with some students during my observations on Algebra Tiles.
I team taught with another observer and I think the students really enjoyed
them.  This would be a nice alternative to schools that can't afford a full set
of Algebra Tiles.

One of the things I wish I could have been more effective communicating, during
the lessons that I taught, was the connection of FOIL method and its
manipulative analog, Algebra Tiles.  Without this understanding, the students
just sees this as another task to complete, and procedures to learn.  I was
thinking of introducing the Algebra Tiles before they learned the FOIL method as
this would help them to understand what they're doing exactly when they multiply
linear binomials.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the tool: Algebra Tiles discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra Tiles tool
Math 6

Discussion Help