Subject:   RE: geom construction software with compass -> arcs, not circles
Author: jdad
Date: Sep 23 2011
Wow!  I am absolutely blown away by the great help here.  Screencasts?  Are you
kidding me?

I figured out the "hide circle" trick and finally found (don't know how I missed
it) the construct with radius and center function in GSP, I'm afraid my son
would balk at all those mouse clicks, saying he could do it easier with pencil
and paper.  I'm afraid it can't be any more steps because he's, let me say,
"resistant" to using the computer when the other kids aren't.  Some sort of
custom tool is probably the GSP answer.  I frankly didn't know how to use the
transform function and wasn't aware you could prompt for user input so PeterA's
suggestion sounds promising for GSP.

I'm guessing custom tools might work in geogebra as well following the lines of
LFS's screencast(!).

Dr. Fred, the Ventura software looks very promising.  I think he would like the
direct physical analog (set compass width, draw arc, etc.).  He could have used
the color-fill feature with their first project (they had to decorate their
constructions).

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Geometry on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry
Computer
Tools