Subject:   RE: Mathematica in Secondary Education
Author: Mathman
Date: Feb 24 2005
You might consider looking into Mupad, and perhaps other associated software
such as Scientific Notebook etc..  Mupad, however, offer a light version free
for academic and personal use, I believe [I have a pro version] which should be
quite sufficient, or more than sufficient.

Also:
For 2D graphing look at Graphmatica available at the math archives site, or
"Graph" from www.padowan.dk.  For 2D geometric drawing look at DeltaCad.  For
2D/3D you might check Peanut software available from
math.exeter.edu/rparris.

I think that Mathematica is awesome, but is much more designed for later use,
albeit that it will do the job in high school.  Mupad is definitely worth a
look.

What I have not found over the years is suitable inexpensive software for
showing vectors and their interrelationships.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content on Mathematica discussion

Discussion Help