Subject:   RE: Formulas
Author: tovali
Date: Feb 24 2005
You are in no way alone. Students are afraid of letters! Sometimes I will
substitute shapes (circles, triangles, squares) for the variables so that they
focus on the patterns seen using the laws of algebra to solve an equation for a
variable.

On Feb 24 2005, Mrs J wrote:
> I have noticed over the last few years that students are having more
> difficulty with the concept of formulas. It could be something as
> simple as I=prt area, perimeter, volume, temperature converion, or
> any instance where the process is to enter numbers and compute the
> answer from that info. Am I alone or have others seen this problem?

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Math 6 discussion

Discussion Help