Subject:   RE: What is a binomial?
Author: The Math Guy
Date: Apr 29 2005
Eric...I like this kind of discussion - thinking about our thinking.  And in my
way of thinking, 2x+3x is a binomial but 5x is a monomial.  The name is a
statement about the state of the expression - written as 2x+3x we have the sum
of two terms, a binomial but written as 5x we have a single term.  You change
the state and you can change what you call them.  Water is a solid, a liquid,
and a gas depending on its state at that moment.  But it is still water.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Lesson Plans in Algebra discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra
Lesson Plans

Discussion Help