Subject:   RE: Is a rhombus a kite?
Author: Pi
Date: May 20 2005
On May  5 2005, Tusk wrote:
> The definition I use for a kite is that it is a quadrilateral that
> has two pair of distinct congruent consecutive sides.  Therefore I
> would say a rhombus is not a kite since it is an equilateral
> quadrilateral.
I can relate to Susan's question about the rhombus and the kite.  I find that
people get confused because some textbooks list the rhombus as a kite or doesn't
mention kite at all.
 I think we should leave the definition of a kite as a toy that blows in the
wind; any four sided figure should be classified as a quadrilateral. All joking
a side, I agree with Tusk definition of a kite. I am part of a research group
and had to post a message.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Geometry discussion

Discussion Help