Subject:   RE: Demise of Green Globs
Author: david sunburst
Date: Jan 10 2006
HI,

I spotted this thread and thought you would like to know that we and the
product's authors have just begun development on a Mac OSX version of Green
Globs that we hope can be released sometime in 2006. Please note that this is
not a formal announcement of such a release, which will be made when we can give
details on a true release date.

Thanks for your ongoing interest in this product.

Best,

David Wolff
SVP, Development
Sunburst Technology

On Jul 25 2005, ihor wrote:
> I spoke with the folks at Sunburst at the NECC conference about
> future updates of Green Globs and found out that there are no plans
> for it at this time. Apparently one of the original co-authors has
> the rights to it and is not interested in updating it.

Since it
> is one of my favorite programs and I do not want to see it fade into
> obsolescence so I'm interested in alternative development strategies
> - possibly an "open source" version.

The closest software  that
> I have found that is similar to globs is:

Shooting balls
> ( http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/15083/ )

which was developed
> by the Freudenthal Institute. It's Ok, but limited.

Anyone have
> thoughts on what could be done? Could a flash version of Globs be
> developed?

-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools discussion

Discussion Help