Subject:   RE: Shodor lessons
Author: Jeff L
Date: Jan 24 2006

> On Jan 20 2006, Craig wrote:
>It offers a fairly quick way to do
> such an investigation,
> and is much more effective than doing the
> same sort of thing with a
> graphing calculator
>Mathman wrote
>I'm not trying
> to be argumentative because I do believe that software is of some
> assistance, but WHY is it necessary to be "quick"?  Slow and
> speculative works wonders.

I believe if Craig had used the word 'dynamic' in place of 'quick' it would
convey the meaning better.

To use an analogy, a 'time-lapse' video of plate tectonics explains the idea
of continental drift in a more dynamic fashion then  accumulated data of plate
movements.  On the other hand, the video could not be made without the data.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Lesson Plans in Algebra on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra
Computer
Lesson Plans