Subject:   RE: home work
Author: db
Date: Sep 23 2006
On Sep 21 2006, murali99 wrote:
> getting the students to complete the assignments and home works are
> getting difficult day after day. Any ideas to get it done asily?

I follow a two step, two tier system.

First tier:
1.  Hwk is 30% of the grade.
2.  If a student has not done their work, they get up out of their seat and
phone their parents from the classroom telephone the instant i discover their
"error."  They tell their (sometimes confused) parents that they did not do
their homework.  Even if the kid fakes it, they know that sooner or later their
parents and I will talk about this.

This works 90% of the time.

Second tier:
For the 10% of parents who do not care whether their kid does their homework,  I
have to work out a unique plan for each individual student to get them the
practice that homework provides and adjust their grading scale.  This
adjustment, unique for them, let's them know that I believe they are worth it
and that my subject material is that important!
db

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Computer