Subject:   RE: home work
Author: Siew
Date: Oct 4 2006
On Oct  4 2006, Mathman wrote:
> On Oct  3 2006, Siew wrote:
> This is
> great insight for
> teachers! To learn from a student why  students
> would or wouldn't
> do the maths homework, is absolutely helpful for
> maths teachers.
> Solution guide may be the way to go.

They've known for centuries.
> It's not a new revelation.  It is only lately that the
> responsibility has been placed by parents solely upon the shoulders
> of the already overworked teacher.  One thing has not changed in
> reality:  It is the responsibility of the teacher to teach and to
> provide homework.  It is the responsibility of the student to learn
> and do homework, and the responsibility of the parent to make it so.
> it is a matter of priorities ...and getting them in the right order.
> One solution:  "Do your homework, or fail.  Now decide."

David.

No doubt, the student would fail if he/she chooses to ignore homework.  In the
same token, teachers and parents fail if they choose to let it happen. I think
it is teachers' job to motivate and encourage homework by students as far as
possible, and the parents' to create the environment at home for school work by
the child.  I do agree that some parents are not giving priority to supervising
and ensuring homework is done and failing in their duties of guidance.

Siew

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Computer