Subject:   RE: Solving Equations Using Backtracking
Author: Peggy
Date: Nov 9 2006
On Nov  1 2006, mirani wrote:
> After 25 years of teaching middle school maths, I have found a way
> to teach solving equations using backtracking that seems to get most
> students to a reasonable level quickly.  It is also to some extent
> removed from the need for good basic maths skills so the student who
> have been struggling can usually have success.  Student in the next
> year get taught the more usual methods and pick these concepts up
> easily.

If any one is interested in more information, please feel
> free to email me

SRS
I would like to know what you mean by backtracking.  Could you email an example.
I have some students who may benefit from a novel approach to equation solving.
Thanks

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Algebra discussion

Discussion Help