Subject:   RE: How to disconnect a piecewise graph
Author: EuripidesPants
Date: Jan 30 2007
On Jan 30 2007, Betty14 wrote:
> If given a piecewise function, f(x)={x^2 for x<0; 2 for 0<=x<=2;
x-1
> for x>2. How should I format the graph calculator (TI-83/83+/84+) in
> order to obtain a disconnected graph instead of getting a connecting
> graph throughout the domain of the function?

I approximate the look of a discontinuous function by setting the graphing mode
to discrete points instead of a solid line.  To do this, cursor left of the
functions on the y= screen and press enter until the graph style icon is three
dots in a diagonal line.  Resolution will suffer, but discontinuity will be
easier to see.
-Carl

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in PreCalculus on TI Calculator discussion
Visit related discussions:
PreCalculus
Texas Instruments
Tools