Subject:   RE: BOMDAS and PEMDAS and the beat goes on!
Author: cs4114
Date: Apr 15 2007
If you have students circle the terms FIRST, this increases the success rate
tremendously. It reinforces that an expression is a complete thought and to have
meaning you must interpret the entire expression. It even helps those Algebra
students who can not quite master 3-5(x+2). A student  told me it helps her
because it forces her to stop and think rather than just rushing to simplify the
expression. If anyone needs some teacher notes I wrote on this topic, just email
me and I'll send them.

Cindy
Katy, TX

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content for Patterns and sequences discussion

Discussion Help