Subject:   Realism in Statistics
Author: Craig
Date: Jul 18 2008
On Jul 16 2008, aterner wrote:
> I'm also teaching a lower level Prob/Stats course for the first
> time. I would be interested in any ideas anyone has in making it
> "real" for my students.

I have used "social justice" as a lens for the teaching of Statistics for a few
years now, and at the end of the year, many students remark about how they
appreciated the realistic applications I introduced.

Here is a listing of what I have tried, and some good resources (I'm sure there
are many more out there):
http://www.uni.uiuc.edu/~hcrussel/socialjustice.htm

Good luck.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Lesson Plans in Probability & Statistics on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Probability & Statistics
Computer
Lesson Plans