Subject:   A valuable resource
Author: Susan
Date: Mar 19 2003
One of the first places that I look when I am searchng for applets that might
apply to a particular topic is Evan Glazer's book "Using Internet Primary
sources to Teach Critical Thinking in Mathematics".  The book has an index so
that you can look up something like conic sections, and then has page
references.  The pages have the Internet sites, along with 5 or 6 questions that
a teacher could use with the site.  Although it's not a full lesson plan, it at
least gives you a start on what to do with the applet.  The book also has a
website that is constantly updated.  The website is:
http://www.greenwood.com/glazer.htm
It is also categorized by topic, but doesn't have the critical thinking
questions.  The site also contains many sites that can be used for application
problems and data collection.  I would recommend both the book and website!

yes  no

Discussion Help